Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered



While here in Australia, I've seen a few amusing signs and a few seals. So now to deliver the goods...

This one was on the t-shirts for the Dinosaur Dreaming dig in 2007, and saw it in the Museum of Victoria.

Tom Rich has this sign on his office door in the museum. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), he's a southpaw.


All geologists can appreciate this one.


I love the simplicity of this sign, warning people to be aware of the "killer waves" on the coast. Here are the close-ups from that one:

Looks as if the guy is waving while talking on his cell phone, too (which makes the next one all the better).

(Giggle, snicker, chortle)


This sign has so many dire warnings about what can happen to you here, you might as well stay home.


Seems as if this sign is lacking the power of dissuasion.

And now it's time for seals! We've seen two while walking along the rocky coastlines of Victoria, one adult and a young one. Here's the adult, who I smelled before spotting. And as soon as I looked at him, he barked at me.


The next one was a cute little tyke, out on her own.

Not enough cuteness for you? I took a video of her hopping back toward the ocean. Yes, I sang "Born Free" once she was in the water. What about it?



Back to paleontology and geology with future posts. Hope you enjoyed the respite!

1 comment:

  1. My Darling Field Geologist! Thank you for delighting me with such strong visuals and a taste of another country's way of communicating very important information. Hallelujah really enjoyed the images of the animal life along the coast, especially "live" action video. Please consider capturing Tom Rich in action, or better yet, have Tom film you! Those of us who love geologists/paleontologists would love to see you mammals along the coast as well. Do be careful!

    ReplyDelete